Stories for Change Action Community

• 1.  Connecting at GSA!

Posted 10-13-2015 12:00 PM

HI everyone!  We have space compliments of the Change AGEnts community, to gather those of us at GSA from 7:30 am - 8:30 am Easter, location to be announced.

Please let me know if you will be in Orlando then and if not, if you will be available by Skype!

Connie

------------------------------
    Connie Corley
    Professor
    Fielding Graduate University
    San Gabriel CA
    626-532-7438

Member Referral Ad_New Logo

• 2.  RE: Connecting at GSA!

Posted 10-14-2015 11:24 AM

Got the time, but not the day for our first meeting. Which day?

Molly Mettler, MSW

Senior VP, Mission|  Healthwise

mmettler@healthwise.org  |  www.healthwise.org

208.331.6910 phone  |

Assistant: Michelle Vicars  |  208-331-6910

40th Anniversary Final Sig

Healthwise helps people make better health decisions.

• 3.  RE: Connecting at GSA!

Posted 10-15-2015 11:07 AM

Thanks for catching this, Molly -- SATURDAY, 11/21

FYI on Friday morning some of the people I met in China will be presenting (8 am) -- I'll get details when I get the program info. and it will include a tea ceremony!

Connie
    Connie Corley
    Professor
    San Gabriel CA
    626-532-7438

• 4.  RE: Connecting at GSA!

Posted 10-23-2015 03:34 PM
      |   view attached

***SEE ALSO file of this announcement attached/please share.  We'll be in touch before then to connect our original group and discuss the GSA Annual Meeting and more.  THANKS!

“Stories for Change” Action Community Gathering at GSA Annual Meeting 

WHEN: 11/21 (Saturday) at 7:30 – 8:30 a.m. Sandpiper Room, Swan Hotel at the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resort, Orlando FL

WHAT: Join together to engage in discussion and planning for 2016 webinars on harnessing the power of narrative to promote more informed portrayals of older people and issues they confront, influence the larger societal discourse on aging, and enable Change AGEnts to engage the power of impactful stories to improve the care of older Americans.

HOW: Through our online platform we invite Change AGEnts to be part of our online community, participate in educational programs on creating powerful stories for change, and/or contribute stories to an archive we will create for enhancing advocacy, fundraising, and empowering care of older adults and their families. The founding members of this action community bring a range of insights into active and emerging areas of gerontology and geriatrics.   We look forward to the robust participation of this group as we explore narratives relating to their areas of expertise which include: creativity, technology, employment and retirement, integrative care, end-of-life and palliative care, aging services and health systems change, and issues related to the needs of special populations.

WHO: The “Stories for Change” Action Community co-leaders are Scott Kaiser (scott.kaiser@mptf.com) and Connie Corley (ccorley@fielding.edu). Connect with us for more information or to join our Action Community. Connie will be at the conference starting on Wednesday 11/18 (text or call 323-793-7438)

WHY? “Because we like you!” M-I-C….K-E-Y…. For those who remember the song of the Mickey Mouse Club! Bring your ears... in the meantime watch (you'll see "why"!):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6h2Mg7Til2s

Connie Corley
    Professor
    San Gabriel CA
    626-532-7438

Attachment(s)