Stories for Change Action Community

Does the Pope represent "positive aging"?

• 1.  Does the Pope represent "positive aging"?

Posted 09-25-2015 10:29 AM

Still recovering from jet lag after nearly 2 weeks in China commencing 9/9, having had between 0 - 11 hours of sleep in the last 6 nights, only 1 "normal" night of sleep and the mode being 4 hours (like last night).  

There will be much to share going forward about the Chinese congress on "gerontology and health industry" plus meetings with faculty and students at Zhejiang University in Hangzhou (among the top universities in the country and perhaps internationally), but right now I'm trying to multi-task listening to the Pope and the translation of his speech, much like I listened to my GSA delegation colleagues and others present in one language while hearing another....

While driving yesterday and listening to a broadcast when the Pope was arriving in New York, a question was raised about his age and health.  He apparently has sciatica, has gained weight since accepting the papacy, and that's all I remember about the journalists discussing his health.  He's 78 and I wonder how much more will come out about this topic?  Your thoughts?

Sara and Paul, how was DC during his visit?

Connie

------------------------------
    Connie Corley
    Professor
    Fielding Graduate University
    San Gabriel CA
    626-532-7438
    ------------------------------

Member Referral Ad_New Logo