2014 Annual Scientific Meeting

• 1.  New Symposium on Publishing!

Posted 10-30-2014 10:09 AM
      |   view attached

Hi attendees,

I hope to see many of you at the How to Publish symposium, sponsored by the Publications Committee, at the GSA Annual Scientific Meeting! Editors from all of our 7 GSA journals will be there for one-on-one face time to answer questions about the publications.

This session is designed for anyone who would like to learn more about how to get published in peer-reviewed journals in the field of aging. You will hear from Stephen B. Kritchevsky, PhD, Editor-in-Chief, The Journal of Gerontology, Series A: Medical Sciences and me, Editor-in-Chief, The Gerontologist. Join us on Thursday, November 6 at 3:00pm in the Treasury room at the Marriott Marquis.

I've attached the session agenda to this discussion. Please let me know if you have additional questions.

-------------------------------------------
    Rachel Pruchno
    Director Of Research
    Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine
    Stratford NJ
    (856)566-6822

Attachment(s)

Member Referral Ad_New Logo

• 2.  RE: New Symposium on Publishing!

Posted 11-06-2014 05:56 PM
    Wow, thank you to everyone who attended today's session! We were blown away with the standing room only crowd! 

Attached please find the session slides and introduction to GSA journals handout. If you have any questions, please feel free to reply to this post. And please share your comments as we are always looking to improve!

Rachel

Rachel Pruchno
    Director Of Research
    Stratford NJ
    (856)566-6822

Hi attendees,

I hope to see many of you at the How to Publish symposium, sponsored by the Publications Committee, at the GSA Annual Scientific Meeting! Editors from all of our 7 GSA journals will be there for one-on-one face time to answer questions about the publications.

This session is designed for anyone who would like to learn more about how to get published in peer-reviewed journals in the field of aging. You will hear from Stephen B. Kritchevsky, PhD, Editor-in-Chief, The Journal of Gerontology, Series A: Medical Sciences and me, Editor-in-Chief, The Gerontologist. Join us on Thursday, November 6 at 3:00pm in the Treasury room at the Marriott Marquis.

I've attached the session agenda to this discussion. Please let me know if you have additional questions.

Rachel Pruchno
    Director Of Research
    Stratford NJ
    (856)566-6822

• 3.  RE: New Symposium on Publishing!

Posted 11-07-2014 08:09 AM
    Rachel,

Thanks so much for the wonderful and illuminating talk, and for generously sharing these great resources! I will surely share them with emerging scholars and doctoral students at my institution.

Dan
    Daniel Gardner, PhD, LCSW
    Associate Professor,
    Silberman School of Social Work at Hunter College
    Research Director, Hartford Silberman Center of Excellence
    in Geriatric Social Work
    New York NY
    (212)396-7527