2014 Annual Scientific Meeting

• 1.  Alive Inside Film

Posted 10-22-2014 04:07 PM

Dear Colleagues,

On Friday evening from 5-6:30, I present music research (along with Johns Hopkins researchers Nancy Hodgson, RN, PhD and Laura Gitlin, RN, PhD) on aggression management using creativity and the arts.  My presentation explores music and physiological effects on aging and dementia patients.

On Saturday, however, I serve as expert panelist in discussion with the director of the popular film "Alive Inside" that looks at music and phenomenal effects on aging.  The film showing time is TBD and I will update this page as soon as I have more information.   

Tickets will cost $12/online-advance and $15 at the door. The full festival block is an "An Exploration of Art and Mind" Showcase...which formally begins at 3:30 pm.  The "Alive Inside" film lasts 78 minutes, followed by the director/expert panel.  The entire showcase wraps up with a 20-minute film called "Room".   Please consider venturing into the DC area to catch this film and meet the director as we discuss the effects of music on dementia patients.  One of my favorites parts of the film is the beautiful 40 minute documentary about the history of aging institutionalization in America.  I will play 2 clips from the film during my Hopkins symposium on Friday night and happy to drive interested GSA attendees to the film event on Saturday.

Linda

-------------------------------------------
    Linda Maguire
    Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health
    Baltimore MD
    (703)895-3450
    -------------------------------------------
    Member Referral Ad_New Logo