Stories for Change Action Community

• 1.  Living the Stories

Posted 10-23-2015 03:48 PM

Greetings from Los Angeles!  It's amazing to be at home for a 3-week stretch.  Seattle, Salt Lake, St. Louis and Suzhou (China) were among the cities I have traversed the last 10 weeks (just realized the alliterative power going on!).  Now to see out this year, the Annual Meeting of GSA is coming up in less than a month, preceded by my 6th trip to St. Louis -- with one more for Christmas week as my mother's well-being and settings of care continue to be in flux.

After returning from the next round of travels I will be preparing a manuscript for a special issue of THE GERONTOLOGIST on "Aging:  It's Personal" about going from teaching elder advocacy to putting it into action.  I'm hoping I can share segments with our community and help enliven this forum with some discussions of experiences and expertise.

In the meantime, I am aware one of our members has also traveled this week to care for an ailing elder.  I am humbled by our personal and professional commitments to elders, and age at 61 that includes myself -- self-care is critical.

Looking forward to seeing those of us who are gathering in Orlando, and Scott and I will be in touch soon about a conference call as we plan webinars for 2016 and more.  

Connie

PS I posted an announcement about the 11/21 meeting at the GSA Annual meeting for our group and on the Change AGEnts forum (7:30 - 8:30 am at the Sandpiper room, Swan side of the resort) -- please help spread the word

------------------------------
    Connie Corley
    Professor
    Fielding Graduate University
    San Gabriel CA
    626-532-7438
    ------------------------------
    Member Referral Ad_New Logo