2014 Annual Scientific Meeting

Welcome to Annual Meeting!

• 1.  Welcome to Annual Meeting!

Posted 11-03-2014 10:55 AM

Hello Annual Scientific Meeting attendees!

It is my pleasure to welcome you to Washington, DC, along with the Program Committee Co-Chairs, Drs. Karen Fingerman and Karen Hooker, as well as the GSA staff. In the next week, you will be immersed in the latest research and breaking news in the field of aging. This meeting is the premier gathering of gerontologists from both the United States and around the world. It is one of my favorite benefits of being a member of this Society.

This year's meeting theme is "Making Connections: From Cells to Societies," speaks to the interdisciplinary nature of GSA's membership. From researchers studying molecular bonds to those studying family bonds, connections are all around us. You are the leading researchers, clinicians, scientists, and educators in this field and it is your contributions that give the world a better understanding of aging.

This online community has provided a wealth of information for first timers and meeting veterans, so I encourage you to continue to share your experiences on GSA Connect as well as add new friends as contacts to your online address book. Connections happen in research, they're presented as data in sessions, and they are gained through networking here at this meeting.

I look forward to meeting many of you this week, and I hope you find this time as fruitful and informative as I always do.

Rosemary

-------------------------------------------
    Rosemary Blieszner
    Alumni Distinguished Professor
    Virginia Polytechnic Institute & State University
    Blacksburg VA
    (540)231-5437
    -------------------------------------------
    Member Referral Ad_New Logo