2014 Annual Scientific Meeting

The President's Opening Plenary Session

• 1.  The President's Opening Plenary Session

Posted 10-20-2014 10:48 AM

Hello all,

I have been enjoying reading this rich discussion around the Annual Scientific Meeting. I wanted to take a moment to give you a bit of insight on our keynote speaker selection this year, Francis Collins, MD, PhD, director of the National Institutes of Health.

I believe Washington, DC, provides the perfect backdrop for Dr. Collins to share his thoughts on practice, policy, and research. I like to think of Dr. Collins as our "scientist-in-chief" because his efforts truly reinforce the importance of scientific endeavors in this country and abroad.

Dr. Collins can speak to the importance of interdisciplinary research and networking that GSA embodies in its membership. The NIH, like GSA, is made up of oncologists, geneticists, gerontologists, psychologists, and more. It's through a well-rounded and diverse network that we are able to achieve great things and further the science of aging.

I encourage you to attend Dr. Collins' speech on Thursday, November, 6 at 1 p.m. I would like to hear what you find important in the area of practice and policy right now; so please, reply to the discussion!

James
    -------------------------------------------
    James Appleby
    Executive Director & CEO
    The Gerontological Society of America
    Washington DC
    202-587-2821
    -------------------------------------------
    Member Referral Ad_New Logo